The third week of a pup’s life is marked by huge milestones. It’s like they turn into puppies (as most people think of puppies) overnight.
This litter was born on May 23rd, 2014! There are adorable, chocolate, fleece-coated, medium-sized Australian Labradoodles. There are 5 puppies in this litter-1 boy and 4 girls. They are all THREE WEEKS OLD NOW!
Here it is, Day 21 or Week 3, and just look at what’s happened:
- Walking has become the preferred method of ambulation (instead of crawling). Granted, it’s still a drunken-sailor walk, but they’re up on all fours!
- Their vision is becoming usable. When they “see” things now, they react appropriately with sniffs or puzzlement or growls or barks or pounces.
- They recognize each other (oh boy, litter mates!).
- They play with each other. Okay, so it doesn’t last very long, but they do “play” for short stretches.
- They wrassle. :O)
- They’re feeling secure with their humans, not just with Fiona.
- They can pant and lap.
- They have started to grow in (ouch! for Fiona) teeth! Their baby teeth are just poking through their gums, and just like human babies, this is uncomfortable for them. They’re beginning to feel the need to chew (look out world!)
- They can voluntarily sit, stand, roll over, scratch, paw, wag their tails, chew, investigate objects they “see” (still blurry, but visible), and are just beginning to climb.
We are accepting deposits for this litter now!
Here are some pictures of the adorable puppies!